Tuesday 1 January 2008

Wooohoooo!!! Happy New Year!!!

There's about 30 minutes left to the first day of new year. Have you made a resolution? I am done with resolutions as well as masak-masak friends. I am deleting contact numbers and email addresses of these so-called friends. You can call it purging - they are shit anyway. :-)

It has always been the norm for me to send out a text message each Christmas and New Year to people on my phonebook list. This year I decided not to - and also not reply. The ones I didn't reply to, it means that I will call - in the next few days or I just can't be bothered to. Why wish someone Merry Christmas and a good year ahead when "you" are not there anyway? Are you there when I take a mis-step or worst, a fall? Are you there to laugh with me and share the pains I go through? NOPE. ABSENT.

The thing is, I'm not one to confront it and get all upset, etc. But I do have a problem when these "friends" get all huffy-puffy when I don't have their numbers stored in my phone because I lost my handphone. Whatever the fuck for? I mean, it's not like they call me. I try and keep up with them, on msn, I start the conversations, mostly. As a recent meet-up confirms my gut-feel, I am now freeing up space on my handphone for real friends - who matter to me and me to them. Why should I get myself into ridiculous yoga poses for these masak-masak ones?

So for the new year, I had my handphone off and was surrounded by people who DO matter. I had a call on the eve from a friend whom I know is a very busy person, another, all the way from Sweden and yet another from the group I worked with on a forum theatre piece. I appreciate it all. I never expected them to call but they did. Those who didn't call or wish, no worries - I know your worth to me and so should you.


So long fuckers, it's good that you can sleep at night.

Petal P. Rose

No comments: