Wednesday 26 December 2007

Dream a little dream of me

I intended the last post to be the last post for the year but I had a dream - 2, to be exact but recording one here:


He was always the one behind the camera, trigger happy, freezing all in their glorious moments. We met at some sort of a park and he asked me to capture him. Odd, I thought, he never asked that I took him...still puzzled but not wanting to ask, I took the camera off him. As I focused, I realised that it wasn't just him that I was taking, I realised then that there were the others. I can't exactly remember now how they looked like, damnit, I should have written it soon as I was awake but...anyway, the first word that popped into my head was "schizophrenia". Not sure why...Of course, we all know that everyone is made up of parts. Just that most keep it together and remained glued with the toss and turns of life. Others, disintegrate.
I know he is a whole person but divided at times. More so now with the situation he is in. I saw the one who was the cad, the one who stepped in in times of crises and the gentle one with soothing words. I've met some of them, not all but I'm sure I'll meet them all soon enough. I didn't understand it at that point of time - I blinked back, making sure I wasn't just seeing things but they were there, waiting, to be captured in their glorious moment, an acknowledgement of existence.


Petal P. Rose

No comments: