Tuesday 12 June 2007

Whistling as she blogs away......

I directed a friend to this blog. He says that he likes the first part of my writings and he commented that I must have a lot of time on my hand. I have taken offence. If only he knew how packed my days are – especially over the weekends. Most times, I feel like there’s not enough time in a day.

Just because I have a blog – I’m deemed to have too much time. How small minded is that? Has he thought that perhaps I like keeping a blog and it’s just one of those things that if you enjoy doing, you WOULD make time for it, no matter how busy you get. Also before things get posted up on my blog, believe it or not, some thought and drafts go into it. I do write stuff off the cuff – but I like thinking through what I write first.

Blogging is a way for me to record an extraction of my thoughts. So many thoughts go through in a day – the ones here are ones I choose to talk about. Yeah, this is in case, again, some people choose to be stupid and think only this posting is the only thing in my mind throughout the day. Moving along…..

I like what I do. The job does not leave me exhausted. If I have no appointments in the evening, I’m home, feeding myself knowledge – be it reading, listening to something or surfing online. The things I do are many and varied. I don’t like to stay still. I can pack a lot of things to do in a day.

I live for the weekends. It’s when I catch up on sleep and perhaps with some friends. Attending openings, watching movies, theatre works, the list goes on and on. Sundays’ usually dedicated to my arts society and if there’s time in the evening, I can squeeze in another appointment or happy to just mooch around the library.

It’s not a matter of how much time one has. It’s how it’s being used that counts. Come on, you don’t need me to tell you that. It’s a known fact.

Go on, get out there, get a life. If it bites you in the arse, it’ll heal. No worries, mate! Happiness is moving along to the beat of your own drum.

Petal P. Rose

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if its what makes you happy then you go girl..haha.. andy.

;)

Jenn said...

My Sentiment....