Sunday 24 June 2007

Ahad


heavy heart. big sighs. eyes red. seeing not feeling. the world continues to spin. restless restless restless. dizzy craving. gimme gimme gimme. arms outstreched and begging. shiny it cuts and slices through the artery. blood spurting painting and colouring white. how pretty the forced circle circle dots dots splat splatter. borrowed artistry. disgust. ego takes a big whack. wounded and in pain, fleeing into the deep cavern. maddened by sanity pushed into the crevices of vice. music...my love is on the line, my love is on the line. hips swaying sought after innocent seduction.....

"It's as if he's stuck a dagger in me, plunging it straight through without hesitation or mercy and twisting it to affirm his assault. It takes guts to stab someone, especially if it's someone whom you claim to love but it takes more to stand up and confront it head on. I would have respected him more for it, even if I don't personally agree. In sticking that dagger into me, he's taken away my options. How dare you! Do you think that you are too clever in reading my next move? You're so vain. Tu, the one who made me question myself. Tu, who I'm to trust. Tu, who professed your love. Tu, who I shared my visions with. I hope you are proud of yourself.

I am weary and wary. I will lay down now and drift into a gamelan infused sleep. Tomorrow is another day. I pray the Lord, wipe my slate clean. I leave it in Your hands Lord. I offer up my hurt and sorrows for those who are fighting their own personal demons. Amen."

Petal P. Rose

No comments: