Friday 1 June 2007

Arrogance

Only if I can find the words
To say how I see
But unarticulated
I remain mute

A ghost child’s cry
Resonating through the empty halls
Abandoned, unwanted
I remain deaf

Poverty and hunger
Walk hand in hand
A friend’s deceit
I remain blind

I recoil at his touch
Disgust envelops me
Try hard to see beyond the lesions
He is the untouchable

Bitterness stayed on my tongue
Coupled with the sweet melancholy of my past
Lips part to take in new senses
I am not bland

Daughter - don’t leave me
Son – I am your mother
Forgive me my sins
Forget my indulgences

Senses transferred onto you
Biased, prejudiced, jaundiced
I am She who is the blind
She who is mute and deaf

Forgive me because I am now the undesired
Look past my blisters into my hooded eyes
Tongue heavy, hindered by thousand and ones

I close my eyes, I exhale, I am released.

No comments: