Sunday 27 May 2007

Stark, raving....


Nudity. It's been bugging me and been in my face for the last couple of months. I have had separate conversations with people who are not at all connected to each other (so I can't say that it's a conspiracy of some sort..) about this.

So - what about it? I am Asian and the way I've been brought up - conservative. I have nothing against nudity, I know I was born naked and I do get naked but within the privacy of four walls. I am sure, however, that if I do go to a nudist beach that you'd have to stitch my mouth to stop my jaw from dropping or to stop my giggles. I'm not physically perfect, so who am I to snigger but still.....

My friend, GK, puts it perfectly - we are all pervs. We all want to see another person naked. We want to stare, mentally compare hers to yours, his to your lovers' and vice versa. I know I would. I've had conversations where people have confided and said that they would be perfectly happy to go without clothes. I am open to trying new things out - but I don't think I can be persuaded to go starkers. I've been told that there are nudist communities who wander around villages in the buff to shop, etc. Well then, Gap, Emporio, Chanel and company would be making a loss there then. No shit, Sherlock.

It was all Eve's fault, isn't it? Goading Adam to eat that apple. We would otherwise have not known shame and have the need to cover up. More importantly, clothes shroud the flaws of personality and character. We hide behind our clothes. I know I do, trickery of the senses. Hypocrisy at its finest. It is such a perfected craft that I doubt we even notice it. In a such fast paced, modern world, sadly, it is the norm to lie and cheat. Integrity - what's that?! Don't get me wrong. There are people out there who still know what integrity means - just that the numbers are getting fewer and fewer. But for those who have already lost it or have never known it - I fear for the future.

Petal P. Rose

2 comments:

Dishoom said...

well right now, there's only Juggy I can think of to get naked with :P

Anonymous said...

Sha:

BrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrA!

You know who...