Thursday 23 August 2007

Angel

what are you hiding, Spanish eyes?
false pretences,
behind those lush eyelashes.

I asked you once,
nay, twice
lips mum
stop the worms from crawling out

you've already told me
about your trauma
your abusive Father
like a tele-novella

what of your wife?
you love her so much
why do you wince in pain
when I mentioned her name?

is it the distance
that is driving you insane?
or is it desire
of lust unattained?

I asked you again
we danced to lull the pain
I brandish a sword
pretend Lancelot

nimble on your feet
eyes do not betray
I'm not swayed by your avoidance
just stop this maddening game!

let it bare
stand naked
let me in don't leave me here standing in the wind

Update:

Just a piece of news...I've decided to go to Boracay for my break. Tickets paid for. Counting down to it. Leaving on a jet plane........

Petal P. Rose

No comments: