Tuesday 8 May 2007

Aspirations, Perspirations


I was chatting with someone and I told him that I have a blog. He took a peek and told me that he wants more of “me” in it. I told him, “Babe, it’s all me – who do you think wrote all those stuff??”. He wanted to see my hopes, dreams, aspirations and things like that. I told him that a blog is not ever going to be a stand-in for me – you need to meet me, have a conversation and learn about me – the old-fashioned way…

But just briefly, I want to do it ALL in life. Sounds ambitious, huh? I’m not your typical go-getter gal. In fact, I would wait for opportunities to come swimming by me and grab it…or maybe not. I am, however, stubborn and when I set my mind to it, I can get what I want. I want to travel the world – my favourite line to all travellers, “Pack me in your suitcase” and I’m bloody serious too. I am working towards that – I’m not sure if I will make it but there’s nothing like trying. If it’s successful, YAY!! Otherwise, back to the drawing board. I feel like Pinky and the Brain, always dreaming up schemes to conquer the world… MMWahahahaha!! Short term goals for me for the moment: Get that scooba-dooba diving/kayaking licence and I NEED A VACATION! Sponsors, anyone?

I’ve started back on track, (and I hope to stay on it – Devils and Temptations, Away!! Shoo!) running, doing my weights and tomorrow, I start swimming again. My goal since last year was to do the marathon. In fact, there was a triathlon that we wanted to do as a corporate but with all the bloody deadlines, it just got shelved. And now, I’m no longer in that firm so may have to round up the cows at the new one but I think it’s a hard sell….Another goal to add on to the list.

I did achieve some things over the past year though: I volunteered for an arts’ fringe festival and am one of the founding members of an arts society targeted at providing a platform for migrant workers to express themselves artistically (http://www.migrantvoices.org/). I met tons of people through it and various other channels. I took my Star 1 kayaking certification…hmm…but really, grew as a person. I’m not done growing up and when I grow up, I want to be someone who may not be famous worldwide but someone who lived her life, did all the things she wanted to do, in turn touch others in her journey and who will die happy, with her loved ones beside her, knowing all these things.

Dedicated to E.,


Petal P. Rose

No comments: